Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Big 10

I am a bit amazed at how fast time has passed, today marks my 10th day on Cycle 1 of the 17 Day diet - and I don't exactly know how I feel about that. I've decided not to weigh myself until Saturday, so I don't know where I stand right now as far as weight lost in pounds, but I feel great. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that it's super easy, and that I can see a difference, or that my clothes fit me better - because none of it is true.It's been 10 days and I don't see any major changes, but I can feel the change in me. I am happier; I'm not sure what that has to do with dieting, but I am a lot less cranky, a lot less moody and bitchy. The first few days, I was getting major headaches and I knew exactly what that was - it was withdrawal. I had quit processed foods cold turkey, and my body was like "whoa!!, what's going on?" I had migraines for three straight days, but not even that deterred me.

 This diet requires me to eat three meals a day, and as easy as that may seem (we're supposed to eat 3 meals a day anyway) for some of us it's a major challenge. Not only is the labor of this diet a challenge (cooking EVERY meal you eat) but also when you have a family that doesn't necessarily need to meet your same dietary needs (thank God for them) - you have to cook for yourself and for others. As much as I love the kitchen, this is something that at another stage of my life, would have been the excuse for me to quit - none the less I suck it up and do what I gotta do no matter how long that keeps me in the kitchen.

So speaking of the kitchen, here's what I had yesterday... For breakfast, a kefir with raspberries smoothie, grapes and my chilled green tea. Lunch was a yummy baby romaine salad with tuna and dressing and another cup of cold green tea. For dinner last night I made vegetable soup (my favorite recipe of this diet) and it was delish! I also tried for the very first time Trader Joe's version of Greek yogurt - the pomegranate flavor was gross (in my opinion) but the blueberry was awesome!

If you're curious about The 17 Day Diet click on the link and check out the videos and all the information on the site. I can only speak from my experience, so if you want more details, check it out!

So here I am on my 10th day feeling happy, feeling good about myself and not just how far I've come along - but HOW I've come along.... and that is in control at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment