Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day Three on the 17 Day Diet

So, on Monday I began my weight loss journey (again) - but this time I am trying something different. As I was browsing through the list of books on my kindle, I stumbled upon a book with the title "The 17 Day Diet". I was immediately curious and downloaded the sample. Before I began to  read the sample, I started looking through the comments made by other readers and dieters of the book; a major reason why it caught my attention was partially because it had four and a half stars. As I read through the comments, I was more and more enthused about reading the book. The sample got me hooked, I liked the tone of the Doctor/ Author - and I was beginning to feel as if this diet has been what I have been waiting for. I've gone on many other weight loss journeys, but I always quit. I always find an excuse, or give up because I am not seeing any progress - but the more I read, the more I was convinced that this might be different. Finally I purchased the book and began - once again, my weigh loss journey.

The 17 Day Diet, is a cycled diet where the dieter goes on 4 different 17 day cycles. The first cycle which is the one I am currently on is the "Accelerate" cycle. In these first 17 days, I am working towards cleansing my body and correcting my metabolism. I'll go into detail about the other 3 cycles in a future blog - but for the moment, I just want to share my experience on this diet and the cycle that I am currently on. On Monday morning I weighed in at 205 lbs, I am a 5'2" female, and according to many BMI calculators - I am obese. Lucky for me, I don't agree, which is why I haven't driven myself nuts, but I know that my weight has slowly been creeping up and I have done nothing about it. If there is a time to do it, that time would be now - I am 24 years old and at 205, I should not allow myself to go any higher. On this current cycle - I am only eating lean proteins, fruits, veggies, probiotics, and tea. Very healthy, I know... But not just any lean meats, and not just any veggies, and not just any fruits - it's a select list of specific foods in these categories that I am eating during this cycle. I have to admit that the variety is plentiful, and I am having so much fun cooking this food. I wake up every morning and I make myself breakfast and lunch. Sometime I make lunch the night before and it's all ready to go. So far, three days in and I have not lost any weight, but here are some improvements:
1. I haven't bought any fast food.
2.Because I bring everything from home, I have been saving A LOT of money.
3. I haven't lost any weight but I haven't gained any either
4. My skin is super radiant - all of the blemishes are gone and I couldn't be happier.

Granted, I am only half way through my 3rd day, and I'm sure that if I keep it up, by the beginning of next week I hope to see some improvements - but so far I am happy on my diet. I eat fresh delicious foods that I cook everyday, and I don't have that sluggish feeling anymore, you know? You know what I mean, that feeling you get after you eat a burger with fries from McDonalds. The one complaint I have is that I have become constipated. Luckily - this same concern is shared by many others on the 17 day diet - which I found out today when I went on the website and the Doctor posted a video about this exact issue on the site. Turns out that green tea may cause constipation - but it is necessary for all the nutrients it provides our bodies with. An over the counter laxative is OK to use on the diet, but I much rather drink some Manasul Tea. It is a natural tea that you take before bed, and in the morning you have a bowel movement.

I look forward to day four with much anticipation knowing that I am only 14 days away from cycle 2 "Activate" and I get to add more food items to my diet.

2 comments:

  1. Your beastie here!...just want to wish you luck and tell you that I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support beastie! ♥ you!

    ReplyDelete